“All the other fairies fly, why don’t you?”
“I had wings once. They were strong. They were stolen from me.”
Ten things to love about Maleficent and how she is portrayed in this movie:
- She is female and powerful.
- She protects natural resources against human exploitation.
- She kicks ass in battle. IN. EVERY. SINGLE. BATTLE.
- In fact, she kicks so much ass that it’s only through deceiving her and drugging her that a man can hope to best her, and even then he only wins temporarily. She kicks his ass, too.
- She isn’t gratuitously dressed in revealing clothes or pointlessly sexualized.
- She lets love change her for the better after being given every reason to do nothing but hate for the rest of her life.
- She ensures that justice is done.
- Rather than keeping power for herself, she crowns Aurora queen.
- Despite having been betrayed horribly and losing all faith in the existence of true love, she is still capable of giving Aurora true love’s kiss.
- SHE GIVES AURORA TRUE LOVE’S KISS AND BREAKS DISNEY’S GENERATIONS-LONG CHAIN OF HETERONORMATIVITY. AMEN.
All of this. ALL OF IT.
if it’s late enough and you’re lonely enough, the carly rae jepsen lyric “before you came into my life i missed you so bad” starts seeming increasingly deep and emotionally complex
3:02 AM and this fucking lyric looks like fucking nietzsche
stare into the abyss and the abyss will call you maybe